måndag 17 december 2018

Music Monday: October Burns Black


Another recent discovery of mine, within the gothic rock genre (this might come as a shock to you but this is indeed my favorite genre), is October Burns Black. 

Debuting with the EP Fault line this year, they've kicked off something that will have me hang on to them like a backpack from now on.





To cut it short; Fault line is simply brilliant. 

Timeless and dark as a moonless night, the music bears that classic goth sound that catches my heart again and again. My imagination conjures up beautiful creatures of the night dancing to this and I desperately want to join them. 

Throughout the whole album both the lyrics and the music are so well written that there's no doubt these musicians know exactly what they're doing. And reading about them on their website confirms that these indeed are some experienced blokes.

Shimmer is my favorite track with inspiring lyrics vowen between dark tunes by Ger Egan's effortlessly voice, that is just perfectly tailored for this kind of music. 

I want to hear more! 

You can listen to October Burns Black on Spotify or support them on Bandcamp


Give them a listen and tell me your thoughts! :)

Sincerely from the dark abyss,
Tanja





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Goth And Disabled Part 2: Goth-to-goth Interaction

++ I will be really clear in pointing this out; DO NOT PITY ME! This is not about boo hoo poor me but about how my life and identity have b...