torsdag 29 november 2018

A crusade against superficiality

Hello there bats and ghouls!

I'm hoping third time's a charm. I've been trying to keep blogs in the past but fell out of it due to life. Shit happens I guess.



This time I'm not going to focus on makeup as I did before when I was working as a makeup artist.

Besides, I feel that the goth subculture have been hollowed out by this superficial surface that hides the real, darkness enshrouded substance below and reduces it to no more than a chase for sponsorships and likes and masses of subscribers on *insert any social media platform*.

Because goth is not a chocolate Easter bunny with a pretty packaging, some sweet layer and then carved hollow inside of that. Shrek says it best when he says that ogres are like onions, with layers.

Goth is an onion to (but less smelly).

Just like one of my favorite Youtubers, Angela Benedict, I'm on the mission of bringing goth back to life. Unfortunately I do not share her experience of goth as a teen, of the importance of the music and of hanging out with friends who loves the beauty in darkness as much as I do. No, that's not what it was like for me.

As a teen I was completely lost but constantly walking on the line between goth (which I didn't know existed back then) and just being weird. Had I discovered the music back then, the clubs and the people, I had found myself already then.

But again, due to life, due to being socially incompetent, due to living in a tiny town and being more or less self-providing, living on about $90 a month once rent was paid, I never got to experience those things.

And that's why I want to revive the life of goth, the soul and the experience. I want lost, darkly inclined teens find this, and I also want to experience it myself. In real life as much as possible, but also bring substance to goth in the online world, not just eye candy.

So if you are interested in following my holy crusade, just hang around. I have no idea where this will end but hopefully I'll make some friends on the way. :)

Sincerely from the dark abyss,
Tanja




2 kommentarer:

  1. Can't wait to see the posts you come up with! :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you love! I feel the same about your blog! Have been stalking it for a while and I really enjoy reading your posts.:D

      Radera

Goth And Disabled Part 2: Goth-to-goth Interaction

++ I will be really clear in pointing this out; DO NOT PITY ME! This is not about boo hoo poor me but about how my life and identity have b...