fredag 30 november 2018

You'll know when you're dead


WARNING: Please do not continue reading if you have anxiety regarding death and mortality. 





The title is self-explanatory; scientists have determined that you may actually enter death aware of your own demise for a while after your body has shut down. See article here.

Isn't this one of the most fascinating things? When I read this horror and thrill battle for my attention. It sparks the morbid parts of my imagination, that there's a step after the final plunge out of existence. If you look at it through an artist's eyes anyway. 

Please don't misunderstand me; seeing beauty death does not (necessarily) mean that one wishes to die. Life is hard but still precious. Death is final and frightening, but it's also beautiful and a natural state that is something shared by every human being.

To quote my favorite song: "The end is all that's ever true."

The frightening marvel of it has always fascinated me, and scientific discoveries like this one is one step closer to accept finality. At least to me. There's a certain beauty of another piece added to the most mysterious aspect of our existence. 

What do you think? Does it fill your mind with fright or wonder? Or both? 


Sincerely from the dark abyss, 
Tanja

2 kommentarer:

Goth And Disabled Part 2: Goth-to-goth Interaction

++ I will be really clear in pointing this out; DO NOT PITY ME! This is not about boo hoo poor me but about how my life and identity have b...