måndag 3 december 2018

Music Monday: Chasm by The Awakening


I posted this album recommendation on Instagram last week, but this album is so good that it deserves the spotlight of Music Monday here as well, which will hopefully be a weekly event. 

So let's jump into it!





The Awakening's new album "Chasm" has been on repeat in my headphones since it came out a week ago. Something about it takes me back to my pre-baby bat days when I was fumbling in darkness just about to discover the goth subculture, the world of music that feels like home and my own true identity and expression of such. There's something really vulnerable and beautiful about those memories resurfacing, which makes the music even more alive. 

The cover of this album is immediately appealing to me with its modest but beautiful red and black aesthetic and the gorgeous (!) dress. It's just the kind of imagery I would have been attracted to when buying a CD in my teens in the late 90's and early 00's.

I was immediately captivated by the first notes and the poetic lyrics coming to life in Ashton Nyte's mesmerizing voice. 
The whole album is passionate and real, and immersed in beautiful darkness that's irresistibly appealing. 

My favorite tracks are "Other ghosts" and "A minor insicion". They're currently glued to my brain, and I suspect they will remain for a good while. :) 





Some older picture of the band from the website, just because they are so damn pretty. ^_^

Currently I'm writing on a recommendation for another album with a band that is similar to the Awakening. If you're curious about it, you're welcome back here next Monday! 

Have a lovely start on the week everyone! 

Sincerely from the dark abyss,
Tanja

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Goth And Disabled Part 2: Goth-to-goth Interaction

++ I will be really clear in pointing this out; DO NOT PITY ME! This is not about boo hoo poor me but about how my life and identity have b...