måndag 10 december 2018

Music Monday: Her Despair

As many times before LigeiaResurrected has introduced a new band to me through her YouTube channel. :)

Her Despair is a contemporary goth rock band who released their latest EP, Mournography, this year, and I'm really glad that I stumbled upon them. 
I think the title of the album as well as the cover is well crafted and perfectly illustrates the content; dark, melancholic and artfully pleasing. I would love to frame it and put it on my wall. 



The lyrics are a gothic mix of yearning romance, blasphemous lust and ominous religious elements of despair and doubt. Prayers unanswered and a mournful anger that they might never will be. 
The words are straightforward without any particular embellishment, which I think is great and it goes really well with the catchy music. 

J's voice is ragged yet steady in that typical goth montotony, with a slight edge of haunting vibrato that cuts through the tunes. It's a voice heavy with the emotions of the words he sings, and it's very honest.

Frankly, I can't choose a track that I like most on this album, because, to me, they mingle together into kind of a gothic novel with all the classical elements and a consistent theme throughout all the songs. 

If you haven't already you should go give them a listen, and you can also support them by following them on Instagram under the name @herdespair .
Let me know what you think of them! :)

If you have any goth band recommendations please let me know in the comments below! :) 

That's all for now! 

Sincerely from the dark abyss, 
Tanja

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Goth And Disabled Part 2: Goth-to-goth Interaction

++ I will be really clear in pointing this out; DO NOT PITY ME! This is not about boo hoo poor me but about how my life and identity have b...